Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Summer

This blog is dedicated to Lindsey Wallace:) for inspiring me to blog again. There are 3 and a half days left until schools out. Wahoo! I love the blog she just did when Ashley "tagged" her, so I'm going to do one of my favorite things ever and copycat her.
1. What were you doing ten years ago?

Ten years ago I was fourteen and just finishing eighth grade. I was taking gymnastics at the YMCA as a level 6 and was ecstatic at the thought of getting my standing back tuck. My poor mom and dad were my spotters whenever I had the hankering to practice outside of gymnastics. I remember at first they said they didn't know how, but they tried anyway when I insisted. What troopers! I had just made the cheer team for my ninth grade year, and was excited to be with my old synchro partner, Sarah Tindall, my science buddies Tricia Hale and Julie LeSueur, and my ELP friend Chelise Bowden. We were really excited because there were eight of us and all but one of us was LDS. I was really goal oriented and thought I would absolutely die if I ever got a B in a class. I loved peer tutoring during my activity hour, where I never really tutored anyone, I just sat around and talked with friends and listened to my hilarious friend Crystal Solorzano, who is now my roommate. My family was about to move over to Lindsay and Brown, but I decided I was definitely NOT going to Mountain View (I ended up making the switch and went there all 3 years of high school.).

2. What were you doing five years ago?

Five years ago I was nineteen. I had just finished my first year of college and my first year away from home. It was a REALLY good thing for me to move out and be on my own. I roomed with my best friend from second grade, Cynthia Fife. We were both pretty quiet, but the rambunctious Caryn Rodgers brought some spice to our lives. She didn't seem to care what anyone else thought and had really strong opinions. She loved to pretend that people she had barely or never met were her boyfriends and she liked to play silly tricks on people. When I started my second year I met the dazzlingly handsome Levi Roberts. Every girl in Flagstaff wanted him, but somehow I convinced him to be with me! He was incredibly creative and made me feel like a million bucks. Yup, I lucked out!

3. What were you doing five months ago?
Five months ago I was getting ready to start my last semester of teaching, and beginning my three master's classes, and got the calling to make the ward program every Sunday, which is really fun actually.

4. Five things on my to do list today
1. See Levi
2. Go on a double date with Crystal and Jared
3. Work on my talk for Sunday
4. Get my Cashier's check for traffic school tomorrow:(
5. Finish preparation for my class party next week

5. Five snacks I enoy
1. cereal
2. any kinda fruit
3. peanut butter m&m's
4. Frozen yogurt
5. steamed broccoli

5 Bad Habits
1. procrastinating (writing my Sunday talk, for instance:)
2. letting fear rule my life
3. planning too many things at the same time
4. doubting myself
5. my love of eating

5 Places I've lived
This is my impressive list
1. Mesa, AZ Broadway and Lindsay
2. Gilbert, AZ
3. Flagstaff, AZ Reilly all women's dorm
4. Flagstaff, AZ University West Apartments (right upstairs from Levi!)
5. Mesa, AZ Stapley and Southern (with my good friend Meagan Demers)

5 Things people don't know about me

1. I'm not a morning person, I just have to be for my job.
2. I love camping.
3. I save notes people write to me forever.
4. I love traveling.
5. I am engaged to Levi Roberts





Just kidding. . . . he's just the love of my life for now

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Leslie, I was seriously freaking out when I read that last thing on this post. I would have believed it. I'm so glad you played along with this tag. It was fun to learn more about you. BTW, I miss you! I meant to text you on your birthday and forgot and then it got too late and now it would just be so lame but I do want to say hi and I hope things are going well. When are you guys gonna come and visit us again?

dylan & lindsey said...

OH MAN- I AM PROUD OF YOU FOR STARTING TO BLOG AGAIN! sry it took me so long to read it- but i LOVED the blog- It was really fun to read about you and your life. We need to keep in touch more ok? love you girl!